Home Insurance Savings Tips
Looking for ways to save on your annual insurance policy? Here are 6 simple steps that could save you money:
1) Set higher deductibles to lower your premiums.
2) Ask your provider if they provide discounts for smoke detectors, burglar alarms, third-party alarm monitoring systems, dead bolts, fire extinguishers, and/or Neighborhood Watch programs.
3) Earn “multiple coverage” discounts by using one carrier for all of your insurance.
4) Going without a claim for three to five years may warrant a discount. Ask, if your company has not offered. In addition, most companies reward longevity of service and some companies offer discounts if you’ve paid off the mortgage.
5) Discounts often apply if your home was built or rebuilt within the past 10-15 years.
6) Non-smoker, early retirement, and/or live-in-housekeeper often yield additional discounts.